Marriage Divorce Papers

marriage divorce papers
Do I have to sign divorce papers whn I dont agree with the reason put down for divorce?

My husband has served me with the divorce papers but has stated our marriage has irretrievably broken down when in actual fact he left me for another woman.I do not want to sign them until the details are correct and he admits adultery. I cant afford a solicitor.Nor do I qualify for legal aid.Where do I stand???

you are not legally bound to sign these papers however, if you have been separated for two years or more he can still divorce you on the grounds that the marriage has irretrievably broken down.
You have obviously suffered a lot of stress over this and I would be inclined to let it go and start anew. Why add to your frustration? Just forget him and enjoy the rest of your life. I am an old man who has been through it and I can empathise with you. I wish you good luck from now on.