Do It Yourself Divorce

do it yourself divorce
Do it yourself divorce in iowa?

i have the paperwork all filled out. Do I need to file first then have my former husband sign the papers or can i have him sign then file the paperwork?

Take it to the courthouse. They’ll help you. It is different virtually everywhere. In most places I think you file, then submit it to him. But your county court should be able to help you out.

That said, I have a question or two for you. Does your husband know you are doing this? And is he on board? “Do-it-yourself” divorces really only work out if both partners are cooperating. You do this yourself against his will, and he will get an attorney and nail you to the wall. So be careful.

Good luck!