Divorce Without Lawyers

divorce without lawyers
Is there a way to amend /change a divorce decree without hiring lawyers?

My ex and I cannot afford hiring lawyers to change / amend our divorce decree. Is there a cheaper yet completely legal way of doing this?

FYI: we’d like to change who gets to claim our child as a dependent; who carries the health insurance for our child; and possibly child support.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Yes, this can be done using a certified mediator. The mediator will produce the agreement which you file with the Clerk of the Court, who sets a court date. On that day the two of you go to court to swear to the contents of the agreement. Each of you must pay half the fees.

As regards the tax deduction.