Yoga classes Mosman has become a buzzword in today’s world. For some, Yoga is a physical exercise, for others, Yoga is a spiritual rejuvenation – whatever the reason be, Yoga offers several benefits to people. Originated in India, Yoga philosophy has become a global phenomenon helping millions explore their inner world and find more joy, and peace in life.
Yoga is a Sanskrit word that means ‘union’. Propounded by a famous Indian sage Patanjali, Yoga brings about inner transformation and connects your body and mind with your soul. Although many people think Yoga is all about difficult body postures, Yoga is much more than just a physical exercise.
Yoga has more benefits than one could think of. Yoga is all about transforming your inner world and bringing about utmost peace, tranquillity and joy to your life. In today’s fast-paced world of today, Yoga is not a novelty, but a necessity.
Here are top 5 reasons why everyone must practice Yoga in today –
- Discover your soul: The entire Yoga philosophy is based on the concept of knowing your soul and getting rid of all the delusions, myths, and attachments related to the outer world. Once the attachment to the physical reality is broken, one realizes his soul or pure Atma. We, in the modern world, think our reality is what we can think, explain or see. But Yogic philosophy believes in the transcendental reality of pure consciousness, or Atma or Soul. Once the person unites with his Atma, he attains his true self and experiences pure joy or happiness.
- Attain Pure Bliss: Once the person unites with his reality of Atma, or pure consciousness, he immediately feels utmost contentment and peace. As all the pain and sorrow is caused by the attachments or illusions, once we break the attachments, we experience pure joy and eternal bliss. This is called the state of ‘pure consciousnesses’.
- Improve Emotional and Psychological Health: Most of our troubles or problems are caused by attachments or desires. The more we chase happiness in the outer world, the unhappier we feel. Once we start looking inside and explore our inner world, we attain the true state of contentment and happiness. This immensely improves our emotional and psychological health. We no longer get affected by our circumstances or outer reality, but feel calm and composed at all times. As we learn to control our senses or mind, we attain a state of eternal peace and happiness. This makes us emotionally as well as psychologically more resilient.
- Improve Physical Fitness: Yogic philosophy believes in cleansing the body as well as Mind of all the impurities, in order to attain a state of pure consciousness. Hence, Hatha Yoga proposes a system of easy to complex Yoga postures or Asanas which not only makes us mentally agile and resilient, but also improves our physical fitness.
- Get Closer to God or Higher Consciousness: In Yoga philosophy, God resides in every human being in the form of higher consciousness, or Atma. But due to the association with the matter, we lose this reality and assume that we are the body, or the senses. Yoga makes you realize the truth of your inner reality or true nature, and break this illusion of me, I or mine. Once the illusion of the matter is broken, the Atma or soul is realized. Once the person attains this state of ‘being’ or ‘nothingness’, we realize the higher reality or God, which resides within us. A true Yogi realizes this truth through intense sadhana or practice learning under true Guru.
As stated above, meditation improves your happiness level and makes you emotionally healthy. As you feel less stressed and your happiness quotient increases, your physical health also improves drastically. Due to this, your lifespan also increases. It has been observed that people who meditate on a continuous basis, live much longer than other people.
How has meditation benefitted you? Let us know in the comments below.